MASH Video Contest Guidelines – you can download this document for the contest details.
Please use the link below to get the Video Contest Form.
Prepared by Malaysian Association of Speech-Language and Hearing (MASH)
Malaysian Association of Speech-Language and Hearing
BHSM 2020 Video Contest Guidelines
- MASH members
- Students (currently studying a Speech-Language Therapy and/or Audiology programme)
Call for Applications – 1 May 2020
Application Deadline – 22 May 2020
Selection Process – 5 June 2020
Public Voting – 8-14 June 2020
The contest challenges participants to raise public awareness, focusing on the theme: SpeechLanguage Therapy and Audiology Services from Cradle to Grave. The contest aims to educate the
public about the importance of the variety of service provided by the profession
Candidates can participate in the contest by submitting a video that matches this year’s theme and
invites consideration to these aspects as the main concepts to your videos:
i. General information about the professions of Speech-Language Therapy and Audiology
ii. Facts and information on specific client groups i.e. with specific speech, language, swallowing
and/or hearing disorders
- To raise greater awareness on Speech, Language, Communication, Swallowing and Hearing Disorders among the public in Malaysia
- To promote the importance of SLT & Audiology services
- To make SLP & Audiology services more accessible to the public in Malaysia
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The completed application form, accompanied by the short video entered, must be submitted by the given deadline.
- All details and supporting documents requested are to be completed and provided on the application forms, incomplete forms will not proceed for evaluation.
- With the submission, the participant consents to participating in the BHS 2020 Video Competition. Participants allow MASH usage rights to submitted videos to partake in the public member voting process as part of the competition criteria, should the video submission be shortlisted. Top winning videos and Audience Choice selection will be showcased to the public via our website or at related events.
- MASH and project partners are allowed to use the short videos for non-commercial use, including presentations at field-related events, reporting and documentation, marketing and promotion related to SLT and Audiology services.
- Video submissions for the competition must be between ninety (90) to hundred and twenty (120)secondsin duration. The material entered must be original and made for the BHS 2020 Campaign. Video material must be free of copyright, offensive, violence and/or obscene content and must comply with all local and national laws of Malaysia.
- It is the responsibility of applying individuals and groups to ensure that any required permission has been duly obtained from all appropriate parties before submitting short video(s) for selection. Any allegations of misuse or misinterpretation of data used within the video will be directed to the owner of the video, MASH will not be held responsible for any complaints related to the data used in the video.
- Ownership of the underlying intellectual property of the project remains with the participant. (i.e. the owner of the video).
- All entries must be a digital video between ninety (90) to hundred and twenty (120) seconds in length of duration.
- The content of the video must be about SLT and/or Audiology services and must be portrayed in a positive light.
- The content of the video must noticeably visually, verbally or in some other recognizable ways highlight the specified services.
- The content of the video can take place in any location(s) in Malaysia.
- All entries must be original work and free of copyright or have the right of use for this contest.
- All short videos entering the competition must relate to the theme of BHS 2020.
- We accept digital video files in AVI, MOV, MPG, or WMV format. Please attach a link of the hosted file(s) in the URL box provided in our Application Form including password to access.
- Please note the running time of the full works in the application form and include one (1) to three (3) high-res still images. Supported image files include .jpg .gif .png format.
- The content of the videos must comply with all local and national laws of Malaysia and are free of offensive, violence and/ or obscene content.
- Participants may submit entries as a group or individually.
- Participants are welcome to submit more than one video entry, however, only a maximum of three (3) video entries per application will be evaluated.
- We are not able to accept submissions from commercial film, media companies or agencies for this competition.
- Fill in the registration form (click here) and upload your work to a cloud storage of your choice (GoogleDrive, Sharefile, Youtube etc).
- Please ensure we are able to view the submitted videos for review and evaluation processes. It is recommended to send us via Vimeo or Youtube downloadable links, shared Google Drive, Dropbox or WeTransfer.com. Kindly provide us with the password access on your application form.
- All video submission must be received by the closing deadline.
- Dialogue in the video can be in any languages spoken in Malaysia. However, submissions using languages other than English or Malay must be accompanied by English subtitles.
- Entries must not have been submitted to any other contests, competition or film festival before.
Unsuccessful participants will receive an official email within the same notification period when
successful participants are notified, which is between 22 May to 5 June 2020.
Shortlisted participants will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Originality of Content – Storytelling and narrative
- Relevance to theme- Representation of idea in line with the theme
- Creativity and artistic appeal- Consideration to techniques, styles and structure, exposes different artistic perspectives
- Inspirational impact- Engages Malaysian audiences, contributes to diverse cultural expression of the community
- Online popularity – Number of member votes via online voting
- Creates a hype around the storytelling
- Afterthe closing date, allsubmitted videoswill be reviewed by the Selection Panel to ensure coherency in theme and presentation. Participants that submit entries anonymously will be disqualified.
- A selection of up to fifteen (15) videos will be shortlisted for the public voting via MASH Facebook website.
- The winning videos will be determined following these evaluation process:
Stage 1: The judging panel will shortlist up to 15 videos for public voting.
Stage 2a: The shortlisted videos will be opened for public voting on June 8-14, 2020, via Facebook on MASH Public Page. Public voting contributes to 100% of the final evaluation.
Announcement of winners will be made on MASH website/FB page.
- The Grand Prize of RM500 will be given to the “Best Video” winner (i.e. with the most ‘likes’ on MASH Facebook Public Page during the time period mentioned above).
- Decisions are final and not subject to negotiations, challenge, or appeal.