Special Interest Groups
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are freely available to all members. It aims to serve as platforms for MASH members of similar topics of interests to come together for support, network and resource sharing.
MASH members will also have the opportunity to network with other members within that region and build meaningful professional connections. You may join the SIG by indicating your interest when applying or renewing your MASH membership.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) SIG
The AAC SIG is a platform to increase the awareness among speech-language therapists to support AAC across the lifespan.
- To increase SLT awareness and uptake of AAC systems and resources to better serve their clients
- To support communication with everyone, everytime, everywhere and with every mode
- Deborah Yong
- Hazel Cheah
- Yanis Wong
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
The ASD SIG is a platform for MASH members to support and facilitate language, speech and communication development in individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- To serve as a platform for peer learning, active discussion and sharing amongst the members
- To improve quality of life for autistic individuals using Evidence Based Practices
- To promote dissemination of research in the field of ASD
- Looi Wei Li
- Goo Tzy Yeen
- Deng Jia Ern
- Yong Ennie
Audiology & Aural Rehab
The Audiology & Aural Rehab SIG is a platform for MASH members to discuss challenging clinical cases and interesting topics related to hearing impairment that are relevant to our local population.
- To enable MASH audiologists and SLTs to network and share clinical experience related to audiology and aural rehabilitation
- To serve as a platform for peer learning amongst SIG members
- To encourage SLTs to work closely with audiologists in the management of hearing impairment cases
- Saravanan Selanduray
- Jessie Lim Jia Chuan
The Dysphagia SIG is a platform for MASH members to discuss dysphagia and professional issues related to dysphagia.
- To increase members’ knowledge on the latest dysphagia issues
- To network with SLTs working in the field of dysphagia issues
- Yong Chihui
- June Ng
- To promote knowledge and skills sharing among SLTs and audiologists in Malaysia
- To provide SLTs and audiologists with resources related to language and literacy development and disorders
- To support and advocate for the use of evidence based clinical practice
- Loh Yeng Sze
- Cho Kai Shuo
- Lim Shu Yi
- Chee Lay Fen
The Aphasia SIG is a platform to promote, interpret and disseminate information about aphasia. It is also a space for MASH members to exchange information and ideas, as well as to network among audiologists/speech-language therapists who have interests in aphasia.
- To promote knowledge and skill sharing among SLTs and audiologists in Malaysia
- To network with SLTs working in the field of aphasia
- To facilitate and support aphasia-related initiatives from members
- To promote dissemination of research in the field of aphasia
- Diong Zhi Zhi
- Tay Chia Yi